ec logo
You can apply for mortgages directly from a bank or building society. But you might also want to think about using a regulated mortgage adviser. Advisers know a lot about the mortgage market and can help you find the mortgage that best suits your needs. This is particularly useful if you only have a small deposit, are self-employed or there are other circumstances such as the type of property, for example you need a mortgage for a shared ownership scheme.